Finding the right video editor is often a process that confuses a lot of people. As there are different tiers of the software solutions that users can choose from. You have higher-end options such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut by Apple, but those are intended for the professionals and require a deep learning curve.
With that out of the way, let’s not digress, and start looking at the list of the best video editing software available in the market.
- Available For: Windows, Mac
- Best Suited For Quick Editing, Beginners, Consumers, Semi-Pros, Bloggers, and Youtubers
I have been using Filmora9 by Wondershare for quite some time now, and the best thing about this software is that it is extremely easy to use, but still has all the right features that an expert would require. The software just got a huge update, making it one of the most feature-packed offerings in the market.
Below are some notable features of the Filmora9.
- Use up to 100 video tracks.
- Improved advanced features such as video stabilization and chroma key (green-screen).
- Faster import/export.
- PC/Mac Cross-Compatibility which means you can now edit the same project on either OS
- Improved audio waveforms.
- Up to 100 audio tracks.
- Envelope and keyframe audio editing.
- Simplified user interface and more intuitive: you can now adjust the track size as well.
Filmora9 now completely supports importing, editing and exporting 4K videos. If your computer struggles in previewing and editing 4K video footage, Filmora9 also allows you to create proxy copies during editing and exporting with the original quality. You can also change the playback quality to half or even ⅙.
The best thing about Filmora9 is that even though it is not free software, it still is very affordable, and provides you with great value for money. Furthermore, you do not have to worry about a limited trial period, so you can download and start using it whenever you feel like it. Additionally, the software is easy to learn and master, and there are a lot of features that will keep you interested, and coming back for more.
Movavi Video Editor 15
- Available For: Windows, Mac
- Best Suited For Quick and general Purpose Video Editing
Another great option on the list is Movavi Video Editor; I have recently reviewed a few products by Movavi, and it goes without saying that they know what they are doing with their products. The Movavi Video Editor is certainly great for those who are just starting their YouTube career and want something that is easily accessible with just the right amount of features.
- 160+ creative filters
- 100+ transitions for video and still images
- Slow motion, Reverse, Chroma Key, and other special effects
- Comes with built-in clips.
- Picture in picture mode.
- Capture webcam footage.
- Video stabilization.
- Fast processing
- Direct uploads to video platforms.
As far as the features are concerned, the Movavi Video Editor is certainly not a slouch and works really well. There are a lot of other highlights that make this software one of the best affordable video editor options available in the market. It comes with support for 4K, has multi-language support, simple interface, a heap of tutorials for the beginners, and hardware acceleration. It is also highly affordable, so that is certainly an outstanding thing for beginners.
- Available For: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Best Suited For 4K Video Editing
if you are in search of an excellent open source video editing software that has all the right features for you, then you should definitely look at Shotcut. This software has been on our radar for some time and upon using it, there is no denying that this is certainly what most people would love to use.
- Supports nearly every feature there is.
- Great list of audio oriented features.
- Plethora of video-oriented features.
- Cross-platform support.
There are a lot of great things about Shotcut that most people, including us, adore. For starters, it has one of the best interfaces you could find in a video editor, additionally, there are some great filters available that you can use without any issues; the filters can be customized as well, so that is a win-win situation for everyone. The software has a long list of file format support that makes it easier for everyone, and it is available on all the major platforms.